Building a business is hard.
You're running the show, without a team, and you're pulled in a thousand different directions.
You're constantly questioning yourself and your direction.
Should I spend more time marketing? Should I focus on growing my Instagram following? Do I cold pitch clients? Do I need a contract? How do I hire an assistant? Why don't I have any money?
How much should I be charging? And how can I sell without feeling sleazy? Am I going to go into debt? How do I even get started? No seriously, why don't I have any money?
Wouldn't it be awesome if you had a mentor who you could ask all these questions to?
Someone who has built her business from the ground up, who was EXACTLY where you were 2 or 3 or 5 years ago, who now pays herself a good salary AND who doesn't work herself to death?
Well, ask and ye shall receive.
WELCOME TO THE
Wednesday, March 15, 2017
5:30 PM – 7:30 PM
(624 North wallace)
A "French salon"-style discussion and intimate Q+A with a successful creative, female business owner with a balanced life.
This quarter's session will be with Sally Hope, a solo entrepreneur who built a sustainable business and a life out of lots of hard work, hustle, and heart.
5:30 pm–5:45 pm
We'll pour ourselves a glass of wine and settle into chairs at Treeline Cafe.
5:45 pm–6:10 pm
We'll introduce ourselves and our businesses. Interview-style, Sally will give a brief overview of how she started and grew her business to a point where she can work from wherever she wants, take a vacation and still make a good income (because we're here to MAKE MONEY, right? And support our families? And have choices? And not work ourselves to death, right? Right).
She'll talk about how she created her business online, how she's traded working mostly one-on-one to working one-with-many, and how her business continues to evolve, without too many staying-up-until-2am-to-finish-everything nights.
(You know those nights I'm talking about).
6:10 pm–6:55 pm
After we hear that it's possible to create a business that you love without working all the time or hiring a huge team, it'll be your turn.
We'll do a Q + A around your most burning questions. Nothing is off-limits, including money, time, balance, organization, overwhelm, and how Sally deals (and dealt) with all the things you're dealing with.
6:55 pm–7:30 pm
Now that you've heard from the expert, it's your turn to do some work. We'll prompt you with some questions for you to think about and we'll have you do some writing for yourself around those questions.
Get your party pants on
Now that the hard work's over, feel free to stretch your legs, engage in some conversation with your fellow attendees, sip some wine, and network your heart out!
WHAT YOU’LL GET
- An intimate Q+A style roundtable discussion with Sally Hope, limited to 30 attendees.
- Real answers about what you need to take your business to the next level, and to stop trading time for money.
- Wine + treats. I don't know about you, but creativity makes me thirsty.
- The opportunity to learn from a mentor who has gone before you, who has made mistakes, who has tumbled, and picked herself up to rise above.
- A notebook full of ideas to take home on how to improve your business, how to scale it better, and how to create new offerings, products, services, or even systems for your business. Simply put, it's a whole lot of inspiration and action packed into a few hours.
WHO IS THIS EVENT FOR?
- It's for the boss lady that has a so many questions about owning a business, but doesn't have anyone who understands what it means to be a business owner.
- It's for the business owner who needs mentorship, deeply.
- It's for the service provider who is sick of trading time for money and feeling worked to the bone.
- It's for the product creator who keeps playing small and is barely scraping by.
- And really? It's for you, a woman who works so hard at her craft, who needs a night surrounded by a group of fellow female entrepreneurs who really, truly get it.
SO WHY THIS EVENT?
Because you want to create a business that you love. A business that you dream of every night when you go to bed. And you're not there yet.
Because you see other women online in your field with ENORMOUS followings and a whole load of momentum and you wonder "How DOES she do it?"
Because you haven't met anyone who you admire who is willing to actually let you in on the secrets to her business (hint: some of the answers will involve hard work. This isn't a "get rich quick" scheme. It's a "this is how I did it and you absolutely can to" scheme.)
Personally, seeking out mentors has been the biggest game changer for my own business. And if you talk to other business owners at the top, they'll agree.
Maybe you haven't found a mentor, or maybe you don't even know where to start looking, or you don't know how to ask someone who has been where you are for help.
This is a good first step. Showing up to this event will help.
HOW IT WORKS
- You click the "Get My Ticket" button up there and sign up.
- Within 24 hours, you’ll be emailed a confirmation email.
- You'll have the opportunity to ask any questions in advance of the event to get the ball rolling.
- You’ll receive exact details about the event two weeks beforehand. Because I want to slowly reveal the juicy details as it happens.
- Tickets are NON-REFUNDABLE but are transferable ONLY if requested to firstname.lastname@example.org 10 days in advance. This is because I am personalizing the event and don’t want to get all your personalized stuff, only to realize you can’t make it.
- If the event sells out, please email email@example.com to get put on the waitlist (because if someone can’t make it, you could be in like Flynn).
SO WHO IS SALLY HOPE?
Hi. I'm Sally Hope.
In the past 6 years I’ve lived in Costa Rica (while running my business from the beach), traveled across the country and back (twice) in a 34 foot RV (named Bessie Lou), while doing random acts of kindness and recording it for weekly episodes as Girls Gone Moto (gaining the attention of the Travel Channel). Built my business from the ground up. I traveled in a van with me and my dog and no plan. I ventured out on my own. Cried a lot. Went hunting. Cried some more. Moved to Montana. (Cried). Bought a motorcycle. Started the Wildheart Revolution. Closed the Wildheart Revolution. Got my Kundalini Yoga Teacher Training. And bought my own house in Montana with all my own money.
Prior to my life as a Wildhearted Life Coach (got my training and CPCC, ACC certification through The Coaches Training Institute), I was an honor student at UCSB (BA in Social Psychology), a bass player in a touring rock n roll band, a crossword puzzle writer, a nanny, and a (self-proclaimed) ping-pong and arm wrestling champion (challenge me to a dual…I dare you!)
I love good bourbon, creativity, RV-ing, Joan Jett, skeet shooting, laughing and being ridiculous, astrology, two-steppin’, bubbly water, silliness and motorcycle boots. I believe in LOVE, community, being a nice person, self-reflection, and living a #wildhearted life, and am passionate about creating a space for people to live exactly how they want to.
It’s about to get wild.