You cringe at the words:
Fifty pairs of eyes turning to stare at you when you walk into the room is enough to make you turn around and walk back out.
And you feel silly having to put on a suit to simply talk to other people wearing suits. Because, let’s be honest; you normally wear jeans when you work. (Okay, okay. Sweatpants.)
I feel you, sis. So I'm changing that.
No more elevator pitches. No more sleazy slipping of business cards.
Just meaningful conversation with 40 other other lady entrepreneurs who understand the joy and struggle (sometimes simultaneously) of being a business owner.
Because they’re in the trenches right along with you.
WELCOME TO THE
Wednesday, December 13, 2017
5:30 PM – 8:30 PM
(27 East MAIN street, SUITE E)
An event for creative female entrepreneurs, whose businesses were born out of the love for design / writing / connecting / nutrition / wellness / insert-dream-business-or-side-hustle-here.
5:30 pm–5:45 pm
You have arrived (literally).
Meet your host immediately (that's me!). Are whisked away to a small group discussion with your newest biz friends. You'll get to know each other in a small, intimate way, introducing your business and how you got to where you are.
5:45 pm–6:00 pm
The story behind the Boss Lady Bash.
And why my business only got better when I found my own fellow boss ladies.
6:00 pm–7:15 pm
We'll start with a writing prompt, then do some small group discussion, facilitated by some BOSS babes themselves, about your business, the struggles you’re facing and the wins you want to celebrate.
7:15 pm–8:30 pm
Work the room.
Now that you’ve got a handful of new lady-preneurs in your corner you know, you can take off confidently and meet the other boss ladies in the room. You've got this, sister.
8:30 pm (and beyond!)
We'll trot downtown (if you're feeling up for it) and have amazing drinks over even better conversation.
WHAT YOU’LL GET
- A facilitated networking experience, so that you actually meet people you don’t know and create meaningful relationships (instead of hanging out alone near the hors d’oeuvres table, pretending to stare at some art).
- An intimate group of creative entrepreneurs (capped at 40 of us) who are bootstrapping their businesses just like you, while juggling their other lives as friends, moms, partners, and, yes, maybe even full-time employees (dreams need funding, amiright?).
- Conversations that get to the heart of your business (promise, no elevator pitch required).
- Someone to greet you the minute you walk in the door, so you won’t be stuck not knowing anyone at the event (my PERSONAL pet peeve).
- A group of 49 other entrepreneurs who will hold you accountable for your dreams, and who promise to support and cheer you on along your business-owning journey.
- A delicious drink or two + equally delicious canapes.
- Swag from our amazing partners that’s purposeful, not wasteful.
WHO IS THIS EVENT FOR?
- It’s for you, a creative female entrepreneur, who knows the moniker “creative entrepreneur” means “comes up with creative solutions to solve BIG TIME problems”.
- It's for the boss lady who is running the helm of her baby (or big!) business and struggling to run the rest of her life, too.
- It's for the solopreneur who started her business with an out-of-date laptop and a credit card.
- It's for the business owner who hopes for wholehearted collaboration rather than cutthroat competition (because, as we’ll talk about, there are MORE than enough clients and MORE than enough inspiration to go around).
- It's for the retailer who needs accountability, understanding, and someone to throw you a confetti cannon when you win really, really big.
- And really? It's for the women who work so hard at their craft who need a night surrounded by a group of fellow female entrepreneurs who really, truly get it.
SO WHY THIS EVENT?
- Because traditional “networking events” make you feel defeated and frustrated.
- Because you’re constantly comparing your business to prettier/more successful/better businesses on Instagram and it’s getting you down (FYI: you’ll meet them at this event and learn that their struggle is just like yours).
- Because you know something's missing in your business, but you aren't quite sure what it is (hint: it's likely connection, community, or some old-fashioned mentorship...or all three).
- Because the slow periods make you crazy and you need to get out of the house.
- Because the busy periods make you crazy and you need to get out of the house.
- Because you might meet a client.
- Because you’ll definitely meet a new business buddy.
- Because if you come with an open mind, you'll leave with opportunities to take your business to the next level
HOW IT WORKS
- You click the "Get My Ticket" button up there and sign up.
- Within 24 hours, you’ll be emailed a link to a survey about YOU and your business (because I want to make sure I connect you with the right people. This needs to be worth your time and money, right?)
- You fill that out within 7 days (because connection takes time) and send it back to me.
- You’ll receive exact details about the event two weeks beforehand. Because I want to slowly reveal the juicy details as it happens.
- Tickets are NON-REFUNDABLE but are transferable ONLY if requested to email@example.com 10 days in advance. This is because I am personalizing the event and don’t want to get all your personalized stuff, only to realize you can’t make it.
- If the event sells out, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to get put on the waitlist (because if someone can’t make it, you could be in like Flynn).
SO WHO AM I?
(And what right do I have to be throwing this party?)
I’m Lauren Caselli, and I’m just like you, sis.
An event planner for small businesses and entrepreneurs who slowly built her business (alone), and made some pretty hefty mistakes while doing it.
In October 2013, I had been in business for myself for about six months.
The freelance work I relied on had dried up, I wasn’t getting any new inquiries, and I was living alone in my own studio apartment.
(**Cue disaster music and a few months of hefty self-doubt**)
Suddenly, this dream that I had worked so hard for seemed impossible to attain. I didn’t have work and I didn’t know anyone who understood that paralyzing fear. I lamented to friends about how I was worried for my business and I only got two answers:
“Well, at least you get to work from home. I would KILL to stay at home all day.”
“Why don’t you just get a job?”
So I struggled for another year (!) before I decided it was time to do something about it.
In Summer 2014 I started to put myself out there, looking for amazing ladies who understood the struggle of being in business for yourself.
And when I found them, my business TOOK OFF. Brand new clients, AMAZING opportunities, Skype calls with amazing six-figure-generating entrepreneurs who wanted to work with ME (what?).
It was a completely new chapter in my life.
I created the #BossLadyBash to ensure that more women had that opportunity for connection, and the opportunity to meet their fellow boss ladies in a way that wasn’t forced. The ones who could sit with them during the slow periods and the ones who would celebrate alongside during the wins.
So that we can create a thriving community of lady-owned businesses in Montana and beyond.
Because real-life connection is where it begins and I truly believe that you’re only as strong as your network. Now, you just need to find the right network.